Mindfulness Course Content
This fun and informative course will enable you to learn all aspects of mindfulness and apply them to your lifestyle – helping you to enjoy being more present, more positive and more self-aware. I take you on a wonderful journey of self-discovery whereby you can enjoy personal growth and greater wisdom in your life.
This 6 week course will enable you to take a closer look at the ‘real you’, teaching you to become more self-aware – and to effectively change negative thoughts patterns and behaviours. You can learn how to take better care of yourself both physically and emotionally and to get the best out of life. You will discover effective ways to manage stress, anxiety and depression, to feel calmer and more positive in your life, to improve focus and concentration and improve relationships. If you want to discover ways to get “out of the Autopilot of Life” and become a Human Being instead of a Human Doing then this is the course for you!
Who is the course for?
The course is not just for stressed, anxious or depressed people! You may simply want to become more self-aware – boosting your emotional intelligence, enhancing relationships – including the relationship with yourself! Or simply to lead a calmer and more positive lifestyle.
Summary of the Course
- The aim of the course is to learn new ways to handle thoughts, emotions and actions in life.
- It teaches you ways to take better care of yourself so that you are able to live your life in a more positive way.
- It promotes a way of being that helps you tackle life problems – physical, mental, social and emotional – both at work and at home.
- The course teaches you to develop a mindfulness practice by combining formal and informal practices whereby you will learn to be aware of the small changes in the physical sensations in your body and what is happening in the world around you (using your physical senses) and your thoughts, emotions and moods. It combines guided meditations and focused awareness to certain tasks.
- The course encourages you to develop the skill of being more aware of your experiences (good and bad, pleasant and unpleasant) from moment to moment -so that you can learn to respond more positively to situations rather than simply reacting automatically.
- Overall, the course is often helpful in dealing with an ongoing difficulty – the problem may not change, but your perception of being in control of that difficulty can change and you can learn to relate to it differently – you can perceive stresses and negative events or situations in a more resilient way.
The course consists of six 90 minute coaching sessions and each session ends with a mindfulness meditation that will be emailed to you afterwards for continued practice.
- Client knowledge of Mindfulness
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Autopilot of life
- Discussion of clients issue – anxiety/stress etc.
- Sympathetic v Parasympathetic System
- 3 Minute Breathing Space
- Unpleasant Events Calender
- Our thoughts are not facts
- Mind/Body Connection
- Ways to see your thoughts differently – you are not your thoughts
- The Arrow
- Positive self-talk sheet
- Introducing mindful activities
- The Body Scan
- Introduction to meditation – benefits
- Acceptance – not detachment
- Developing helpful attitudes
- The power of attitude
- Tackling unhelpful attitudes
- Habit –releasers
- Link between sounds and thoughts
- Sounds and Thoughts meditation
- Mindful eating exercise
- Being kind to yourself and others – Kindly Awareness
- Areas that nourish or deplete you – getting the balance right in life
- Using mindfulness to overcome procrastination
- Befriending Meditation
- Benefits of Gratitude Therapy – what are you grateful for in your life
- Gratitude Meditation
- Positive self-talk
- The Power of Affirmations
- A happiness Recipe
- Positive Experience Sheet
- Reflection of your mindfulness practice
- Bringing it all together
- Top ten tips
- Your Meditation Plan
- The Power of Choice
- Letting go and cultivating the new
- Secret Garden Meditation